Front Suspension 

The front bearings were shot, so I decided to rebuild the front suspension. Problem is, the steering knuckles use pressed-in bearings rather than bolt-in, which made the job quite a hassle. So I decided to convert them to bolt-in, and got all the parts from the boneyard, along with an equal-length driveshaft setup.

October 29, 2005: a fine day to rebuild a front end, outdoors.  "No accumulation," my axle!
October 29, 2005: a fine day to rebuild a front end, outdoors. "No accumulation," my axle! *
Viewed: 418 times.

Bottom to top: two old-style steering knuckles (note the separated bearing); two new-style steering knuckles (with driveshafts); equal-length driveshaft assembly.  I wish I had remembered the big socket to separate the axles from the bearings, but at least the axles went to a good home.
Bottom to top: two old-style steering knuckles (note the separated bearing); two new-style steering knuckles (with driveshafts); equal-length driveshaft assembly. I wish I had remembered the big socket to separate the axles from the bearings, but at least the axles went to a good home. *
Viewed: 457 times.

* Comments available for this item.
Powered by Gallery v1 RSS